Cameron Mitchell Restaurants confirms final list of chef partners. Budd Dairy Food Hall 1086 N Fourth St. Columbus, OH 43201 Cameron Mitchell Restaurants (CMR) is pleased to announce the much-anticipated… Continue Reading Budd Dairy Food Hall Set to Open April 6
New kitchen will feature “Ass-Kickin’ Chicken,” including fingers, handhelds and sides. Columbus, OH (February 9, 2021) — Cluck Norris Ass-Kickin’ Chicken is laying its first egg in Budd Dairy Food… Continue Reading Cluck Norris Concept Coming Soon to Budd Dairy Food Hall
Cameron Mitchell Restaurants adds five new chef partners to food launchpad’s roster COLUMBUS, Ohio (October 3, 2019) – Budd Dairy Food Hall announced today its final five chef partners –… Continue Reading Budd Dairy Food Hall Announces Final Chef Partners
Cameron Mitchell Restaurants adds two new chef partners to food launchpad’s roster COLUMBUS, Ohio (May 14, 2019) – Budd Dairy Food Hall announced today its next two chef partners –… Continue Reading Budd Dairy Food Hall Announces Newest Chef Partners
The newest Cameron Mitchell Restaurants concept announces initial chef partners: Borgata Pizza Café and Darista COLUMBUS, Ohio (January 31, 2019) – Following a “Shark Tank-style” search for Columbus’ best food… Continue Reading Budd Dairy Food Hall Announces First Chef Partners
First-ever destination venue planned for restaurant incubation, culinary exploration, entertainment With a nod to history and a firm focus on evolving consumer food and dining preferences, Cameron Mitchell Restaurants (CMR)… Continue Reading Cameron Mitchell Restaurants, Developer Set Sights on Italian Village for Budd Dairy Food Hall
Simon T. Budd started a direct delivery milk service from his family farm in Mifflinville, Ohio. Today, it is located in Northeast Columbus near the intersection of Cleveland Ave. and Agler Rd.
Simon Budd (born 1877) moved the business (deemed “S.T. Budd Dairy Company”) to a new plant at 1390 Wesley Ave.
Budd Dairy Company had the only sanitary refrigerated milk wagon in the country.
On December 7, 1916, the Budd Dairy Building and plant opened in the Italian Village on Fourth St. between Fourth Ave. and Detroit.
The building expanded to accommodate more garages for horse drawn wagons and vehicles.
By 1925, the company increased sales volume to 3,000 gallons per day. All of which was delivered by 40 milk wagons.
Budd Dairy Company services grew with 41 horse drawn wagons, electric wagons and gas trucks.
William H. Budd sold the Budd Dairy Company to Hamilton Milk Co. of Columbus, Ohio. At the time, it was was a subsidiary of Borden Dairy Co., a national company.
Borden Dairy Company bought out Hamilton Milk Co. and Borden processed and delivered milk in the building from 1934 until 1967.
The last shipment of milk was processed in the building.